Monday, September 6, 2010

Sugar Cookies


So yesterday I made homemade sugar cookies for the first time. They turned out pretty good. As always I am looking to make the best, I want to take a bite and go Oh My Gosh this is delicious! The thing is I am still trying to figure out my gas oven, I think it burns a little hotter because the cookies were a nice pale color on top but dark brown on the bottom.  Next time I will bake on a lower temperature.

As for the frosting, I made my own as well. The perfect sugar cookie frosting. Like the frosting you find on the lofthouse sugar cookies, Yum!

Sugar Cookie Recipe:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/sugar-cookies-recipe/index.html
Ingredients
3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 tablespoon milk - I added more the dough was too dry
Powdered sugar, for rolling out dough

Sugar Cookie Frosting:
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Sugar-Cookie-Frosting/Detail.aspx
Ingredients
4 cups confectioners' sugar
1/2 cup shortening
5 tablespoons milk - I added more the frosting was too stiff
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
food coloring

No comments: